Lahore: Samsung is strengthening its commitment to delivering fast, reliable, smart and innovative diagnostic solutions for healthcare providers by debuting the newest additions to its portfolio, on display at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting at McCormick Place in Chicago. This week at booth #7313 (North Building, Hall B), product specialists will be on hand demonstrating Samsung’s range of solutions in Computed Tomography (CT), Ultrasound andDigital Radiography (DR) systems, which are all designed to enrich the quality of care and workflow, and enhance the patient experience.
“Through our innovative designs and advanced technologies, we remain committed to delivering new solutions, like the NExCT 7 and the RS80A with Prestige, that unlock workflow efficiencies for medical professionals as well as improve patients’ lives,” said Soo-In Cho, President and Head of the Health & Medical Equipment Business at Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. “By leveraging thecombination of Samsung imaging technology and user-inspired design, we will continue to deliver on our promise of fast, easy and accurate diagnostic solutions for our customers in the healthcare community.”
Computed Tomography (CT) Segment
Samsung’s CT imaging solutions are used throughout the world in intensive care units, neurosurgical operating rooms, emergency departments, stroke centers and other key clinical areas. Debuting at RSNA is:
· NExCT 7 – the first premium CT scanner from Samsung features high resolution designed to improve diagnostic confidence in advanced and routine exams reducing the radiation dose as low as reasonably achievable and ensuring a fast and efficient workflow. Some features of the NExCT7 are FDA 510(k) pending.
· Portable CT – Samsung will be showcasing the latest in software and hardware enhancements across its portable CT product line. These upgrades improve user satisfaction and streamline workflow, and both systems are now compliant with the Smart Dose (XR-29) radiation dose reporting standard.
The BodyTom and CereTom portable systems continue to prove their versatility as they are increasingly adopted and utilized in a wide range of market applications such as mobile stroke units, brachytherapy suites, proton therapy centers, deep brain stimulation and even veterinarian hospitals.
Samsung continues to enhance the user experience with its cutting-edge diagnostic ultrasound devices around the world and across various medical fields. On display at RSNA are:
· RS80A with Prestige – now available in the U.S. market, this system features advanced technical capabilities built on the successes of Samsung technologies. Product features include:
o S-Fusion to enable simultaneous localization of lesions with a real-time ultrasound image supported by other modalities’ 3D data sets. Fusion speed and accuracy are the strengths of S-Fusion.
o S-Shearwave to detect the velocity of the shearwave transmitted through the targeted lesion and display the numerical measurement of stiffness.
o E-Breast*: this is the function for breast lesion exam, which calculates the strain between the area of the suspected lesion (ROI) and normal breast fat and displays the results.
o E-Thyroid*: This function assists with the diagnosis of thyroid lesions. The ROI is used to show the contrast of an elastogram.
*The strain ratio value is a relative value regarding quantification, not an absolute value.
· HS70A – designed for hospital and private care. This system has a flexible architecture to meet the clinical needs of varied users. The HS70A offers a complete Radiology and Cardiovascular solution, including technologies migrated from the premium radiology RS80A platform. Features include S-Detect, which uses Breast Imaging-Reporting, and Data System (BI-RADS®) scores for analysis and classification of suspicious lesions.
Digital Radiography (DR) Segment
Samsung’s DR systems combine advanced imaging technology, award-winning design and user-friendly automated workflows to meet the demands of 21st century radiology departments. Products on display at RSNA include:
· GC85A – a DR system offering streamlined workflow, diagnostic confidence and improved total cost of ownership. The GC85A features imaging engine S-Vue, ensuring consistency with high quality, convenient setting of contrast and improved sharpness and clarity, S-Share to support unique clinical needs and continuous care with increased connectivity, and Smart Control for one-touch precise positioning.
· GM60A – a mobile Digital Radiography system that delivers high-quality imaging directly to the patient’s bedside. Advanced mobility allows use in the patient room, emergency room, operating room and the intensive care unit, and has advanced features, including S-Detector and S-Vue imaging technologies to deliver accurate diagnoses while ensuring reliable operation with enhanced usability. Additionally, the telescopic column ensures fast navigation by securing a clear view for users.